Please note that weather conditions will affect camera visibility.
Located just 4 miles east of historic Jones Beach on Ocean Parkway, TOBAY Beach is the Town of Oyster Bay’s premier south shore summer destination. Once the backdrop for a Marilyn Monroe photoshoot, residents may choose to either enjoy the soothing sounds of the waves on the Atlantic Ocean beachside or bask in the calmer waters of the Great South Bay on the north side. This location features two restaurants with waterfront dining and entertainment options as well as several concession stands for your refreshment. The venue features a state-of-the-art spray park with splash and play water features to keep the children happy during the hot summer days. For boating enthusiasts, a 150+ slip seasonal transient marina offers a family-friendly environment complete with playgrounds, picnic tables, bathrooms, and concession stand.
Joseph J. Saladino Memorial Marina at TOBAY
A transient boat basin situated in South Oyster Bay via the TOBAY heading. Facilities are restricted to Town of Oyster Bay resident boat owners or lessee of boats who submit proof of ownership and residency.
The 2021 boating season runs from Saturday, May 8, 2021 through September 19, 2021; then all Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from September 24, 2021 through October 31, 2021. The Marina will be closed during the Boat Show (dates to be determined).
|Monday – Friday
|Saturday, Sunday and holidays||Seniors**
Monday – Friday
No water or electric;
|Entrance Fee (without Membership Pass)||$50.00||$50.00||$50.00||No entrance fee required for A-Dock|
|Entrance Fee (WITH Membership Pass*)||Included||Included||Included||No entrance fee required for A-Dock|
|Plus, the corresponding Daily Slip Fee based on boat size…|
|25′ & under||$15.00||$30.00||$7.50 (members only)||N/A|
|26′ – 31′||$20.00||$35.00||$10.00 (members only)||N/A|
|Over 31′||$25.00||$40.00||$12.50 (members only)||N/A|
25′ and under
|“A” Dock Jet Ski/Wave Runner||$10.00|
* Residents who are frequent visitors to TOBAY Marina may purchase a seasonal membership card in lieu of the daily entrance fee. See below for information on how to apply for membership.
** The senior citizen discount automatically applies to a vessel that is owned by a person who turns sixty on or before October 31st of this year based on information submitted during the membership application process.
TOBAY Marina Membership Pass
Residents who are frequent visitors to TOBAY Marina may purchase a membership card for discounted pricing online only by visiting www.oysterbaytown.com/tobay-application.
Membership Pass Fees
|25’ & Under||$65.00|
|26’ – 31’||$75.00|
Required Documents for Town of Oyster Bay TOBAY Marina Membership Pass (Residents Only):
1. Two Proofs of Town of Oyster Bay Residency:
- A copy of your valid New York State Driver’s License;
- A copy of your Town of Oyster Bay Tax Bill from 2021. The tax bill must have the applicant’s name and address or it is not acceptable proof; Renters may submit a notarized lease agreement and two utility bills (cable, water, electric, phone, etc.) in the applicant’s name. Lease agreement must include the Section, Block and Lot.
2. Two Proofs of Vessel Ownership*:
- A copy of NYS Certification of Title or Coast Guard Documentation
Vessels 1987 and newer, at least 14 feet in length, unless documented, have been issued a NYS Certificate of Title. For vessels 1986 and older, the transferable registration is your title.
- A copy of New York State Registration.
New York State Vehicle and Traffic Law, Title 11, Article 48, Section 2251 requires all vessels in New York waters to be registered.
United States Coast Guard documentation cannot be used in place of a New York State vessel registration.
*For vessels that are co-owned, the primary owner must be a Town of Oyster Bay resident. This means that their name and address must appear first on the registration and title/documentation.
*Residents with vessels owned by a corporation or leased from a Boat Yard or leasing company should contact the Beaches Office.
To apply for a TOBAY Marina Membership Pass:
1. Browse to oysterbaytown.com/tobay-application (for best results, use Google Chrome).
2. Click on Sign In/Register in the upper right hand corner, then Create an Account. (If you have reserved Tee Times in the past at the Town of Oyster Bay Golf Course, you may already have an account. If so, log in to your existing account and skip to ‘Step 4’.)
3. Complete the form with all required fields (in red) and click Save. You will be brought back to the home page. Your last name will now be in the upper right hand corner under My Account.
4. Click on your last name under My Account to expand the menu. Under the UPDATE heading, select Marina Document Upload.
5. Upload each required document by selecting the appropriate ‘Document Category’. For example, when uploading your license, select ‘Driver’s License’ in the Document Category drop down menu. Then Choose File to select the file from your computer and click Upload. Continue this process until all required documents have been uploaded.
6. Once you have uploaded all documentation, select Search from the menu at the top of the page, then TOBAY Marina Membership. Click the “Add to Selection List” check box next to ‘TOBAY Marina Membership Application’, and click Add to Cart.
7. Enter your “Vessel Registration Number”, check each box to confirm you have uploaded all required documents, then click Continue. If you have not uploaded all required documents, click Cancel and return to the Marina Document Upload procedure in ‘Step 3’.
8. Click Proceed to Checkout.
9. Confirm that your name, email, and phone number are correct, then click Continue to submit your application for review. A confirmation receipt will be automatically emailed to you. You will receive an additional email in approximately 5 business days with your application status. If approved, your email will include information on how to submit payment for your marina membership.
For other Town marina information and fees, please visit the BOATING FEES page.
Atlantic Ocean on the south side or Great South Bay on the north side.
May 22, 2021 — Labor Day 2021, 8AM-5PM
Lifeguards on duty daily at 9AM
Night Surf Fishing: May 1, 2021—Dec 31, 2021, 7PM-7AM
*For the 2021 beach season, non-residents will no longer be permitted beach parking entry or usage of boat launching ramp facilities.
Town of Oyster Bay resident must be in vehicle and show driver’s license.
Seasonal Stickers: $60
Residents must present their vehicle registration and bring the vehicle they plan to drive to the beach since parking stickers are placed on the vehicle at the time of purchase.
For more information on fees, resident discounted beach stickers, replacement stickers, and surf fishing permits, please visit the BEACH FEES page.
The Boatyard Restaurant
(516) 324- 8474
Open at 4pm Monday through Friday, and 12pm Saturday and Sunday, the Boatyard features five separate food locations inside including a taco bar, raw bar, pizza bar, salad bar and an American Bistro. Whether you’re dining with us or hitting the dance floor, you’re guaranteed to have a wonderful time at The Boatyard!
The Surf Shack
The Surf Shack is a full-service restaurant and newly constructed tiki bar. Dine and drink inches away from the sand and the bay. Entirely outside and with delectable hand helds and exquisite entrees. The newly constructed beachfront tiki bar is just steps away from the sand.
Spray Park at TOBAY Bayside
Open seven days, 10am-5pm
The recently upgraded TOBAY Spray park features a green jungle frog which emits a fan spray of water from its mouth, randomly dumping water buckets, cascading water features, spinning spheres of streaming water, an interactive water table, multiple streams of water spouts, random staggering heights of water, safety surfacing and sunshades.
The John F. Kennedy Memorial Wildlife Sanctuary at TOBAY
Free for all residents and non-residents. The sanctuary is a 550-acre stretch of protected wetlands. It is open year-round, but visitation hours are limited Memorial Day through Labor Day until after 5PM. A permit is required, which may be obtained through the Beach Division. You may apply in person or by mailing in your application.
Beaches Division Office
Town Hall South
977 Hicksville Road, Massapequa 11758
Hours: M-F 9AM- 4:30PM