Commissioner Daniel Pearl
(516) 677-5848- Sanitation Collection
(516) 677-5745- Recycling Bins
(516) 755-1820- Old Bethpage Solid Waste Disposal Complex
The Department of Sanitary Collection Services picks up nearly 1,000 tons of garbage each collection day. This department also oversees the collection of recyclables and yard waste as well as the STOP and Homeowner’s Cleanup Programs at the Solid Waste Disposal Complex.
There will be regular sanitation and recycling collection on Friday, December 22, 2023. In observance of Christmas Day, there will be NO sanitation or recycling collection on Monday, December 25 2023. Monday collections will be made on Tuesday, December 26, 2023. Tuesday collections will be made on Wednesday, December 27, 2023. Please call (516) 677-5848 for more information.
Not receiving automated robo-calls with Sanitation Department updates? Please call Public Safety at (516) 677-5350 to have your home or cell phone number added to the list and receive future updates, information and cancellations.
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Residents are requested to place their garbage curbside, NOT IN THE ROADWAY, in appropriate containers or plastic bags not earlier than 5 p.m. on the evening before their scheduled collection.
- The Town of Oyster Bay Sanitation Department does not service pails that are larger than 32 gallon in size, have attached lids, or that are designed for mechanical collection.
- Larger items that can be broken down, such as carpets, sheetrock and lumber, should be securely tied in bundles not exceeding 50 pounds and measuring no more than four feet in any direction and put out on any collection day.
- A total of 10 items, not exceeding 200 pounds in all, may be placed at the curb on any one collection day.
There is NO Sanitation or Recycling Collection on the following holidays (when the holiday falls on a regular collection day):
New Year’s Day
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Regular Sanitation and Recycling collections WILL be made on the following holidays (when the holiday falls on a regular collection day):
New Year’s Eve
- When a holiday falls on Monday, Monday collection will be made on Tuesday, and Tuesday collection will be made on Wednesday.
- When a holiday falls on Tuesday, Tuesday collection will be made on Wednesday.
- When a holiday falls on Thursday, Thursday collection will be made on Friday, and Friday collection will be made on Saturday.
- When a holiday falls on Friday, ALL collections will be made on Saturday.
Three large items such as refrigerators, air conditioners or large pieces of furniture may be placed at curbside on any collection day. Doors should be removed from refrigerators and freezers.
Yard waste consists of grass clippings, weeds, leaves, tree trimmings/branches/twigs, hedge and shrub clippings, small roots, other garden/yard waste and Christmas trees. Call the Sanitation Department for your yard waste collection schedule (516) 677-5848.