TOWN CLERK SERVICES:
At this time, Town Clerk, Richard LaMarca, continues to grant Marriage Licenses and conduct Ceremonies on-site with social distancing and other proper precautions in place. If you are a first responder, and reside outside the Town of Oyster Bay, you are also eligible for this service.
Please call (516) 624-6335 for the Oyster Bay Office or (516) 797-7960 for the Massapequa Office to schedule an appointment.
Birth Certificates and Death Certificates and other permit/license applications are available at www.oysterbaytown.com and can be submitted by mail.
BUILDING DEPARTMENT/PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT:
The Department of Planning & Development is fully operation and continues to accept all types of building permit applications by mail.
While offices remain closed to in-person visits, all online services this department offers are still available. Residents, contractors and developers can continue to file for all types of building permits, approvals and licenses through the mail and can call any division within the Department for information and guidance.
Building inspections are operational. The Zoning Board of Appeals will host four meetings in June to consider applications. The Planning Advisory Board will also be hosting a meeting on Wednesday, June 17th. Plumbing and Electrical Boards have resumed regular meetings to review new license applications and to review complaints against unlicensed plumbers and electricians and issues with licensed plumbers and electricians. Title companies are welcome to review property files to assist residents in either selling or buying a new house.
Requirements for outdoor dining, including the use of roadways and municipal parking lots, can be found here.
TOWN PARKS & POOLS:
In accordance with New York State’s directive, the following are open:
- Dog Parks in Massapequa and Bayville;
- Permitted-use of athletic fields;
- Outdoor tennis and pickle-ball courts;
- Batting cages;
- Golf course in Woodbury;
- Marinas and boat ramps; and
- the Bethpage Skateboard Park is now open daily from 7am to dusk.
Many pets are available for adoption at the Animal Shelter. Visit the ‘Town of Oyster Bay’ on Facebook to learn more about available pets. Interested in adoption? Call us at (516) 677-5784.
FREE ONLINE RESUME SERVICES:
The Massapequa Career Center is offering free online resume review services for those individuals looking to re-enter the workforce following this public health threat. The resume review services are being offered through the Town’s federally funded Workforce Partnership, a consortium of local governments committed to providing free and valuable information and services to both employers and jobseekers. Residents looking to consult with the Massapequa Career Center on how best to update their resume to avoid such pitfalls as inclusion of inappropriate information or irrelevant information and work history are urged to email their resume to email@example.com. Professionals will review resumes and contact residents with tips on how to best improve their resume to make it as presentable as possible for future job opportunities.
TOWN CONTACT INFORMATION:
- Public Safety 24 Hour Hotline, (516) 677-5350, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community & Youth Services, email@example.com
- Environmental Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Services, email@example.com
- Highway Division, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Intergovernmental Affairs & the Career Center, email@example.com
- Parks Department, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Planning & Development, email@example.com
- Public Information, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Works, email@example.com
- Receiver of Taxes, ReceiverofTaxes@oysterbay-ny.gov
- Sanitation, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Town Board, email@example.com
- Town Clerk, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Town Attorney, email@example.com