Oyster Bay Town Councilman Steve Labriola today announced that residents who are interested in maintaining or improving their levels of fitness as spring arrives will be able to register for the Town’s popular Co-Ed Fitness Classes. Classes are offered to individuals 18 years of age or older.
“The Town is pleased to once again be offering these excellent fitness programs, which provide a terrific outlet for our residents to exercise and stay in shape,” said Councilman Labriola. “The Town’s Parks Department has done an amazing job offering residents the opportunity to take advantage of these classes and stay physically active, all with proper health protocols and public health guidelines in place, creating a safe environment for physical fitness and potentially forging new friendships!”
This spring, residents will have the choice between the following classes which run for 10 weeks:
- Ballroom Dancing: Saturdays, from 7pm to 8pm, beginning on April 10, 2021. This class will be held at the Hicksville Athletic Center.
- Cardio Kick-Boxing: Thursdays from 7:30pm to 8:30pm beginning April 8, 2021. This class will be held at the Hicksville Athletic Center.
- Pilates: Residents can choose their session from the following: Tone & Sculpt Pilates on Mondays beginning April 5, 2021 from 8pm to 9pm or Pilates with Props beginning April 10, 2021 from 9am to 10am. This class will be held at the Hicksville Athletic Center.
- Strength Training: Sundays, from 9am to 10am, beginning April 11, 2021. This class will be held in the Community Room at the Town of Oyster Bay Ice Skating Center in Bethpage.
- Yoga: Residents can choose their session from the following: Mondays (beginning April 5, 2021 from 10am to 11am) at the Hicksville Athletic Center, Tuesdays (beginning April 6, 2021 from 8pm to 9pm) at the Hicksville Athletic Center, Saturdays (beginning April 10, 2021 from 9am to 10am) in the Community Room at the Town of Oyster Bay Ice Skating Center in Bethpage, or Sundays (beginning April 11, 2021 from 9am to 10am) at the Hicksville Athletic Center.
- Zumba: Residents can choose one session, either Mondays (beginning April 5, 2021 from 7pm to 8pm) or Wednesdays (beginning April 7, 2021 from 7:30pm to 8:30pm). This class will be held at the Hicksville Athletic Center.
Registration is available at the Town of Oyster Bay’s Hicksville Athletic Center, located at 167 S. Broadway in Hicksville from 5:30pm to 9:30pm on Monday, March 8th, Tuesday, March 9th and Thursday, March 11th. The schedule is subject to change. If a sessions is cancelled, make-up day(s) will be attempted. Class fees are $60 for residents and $70 for non-residents (checks or money orders only). Proof of residency/age required when registering, with TOB residents given first preference. Participants must bring their own hand weights and resistance bands to strength training class and their own mat to yoga, pilates & cardio kick-boxing.
Due to COVID, class enrollment will be limited to allow for proper social distancing and temperatures will be checked upon arrival. Masks must be worn while moving throughout the facility. Daily cleaning and sanitizing takes place prior to and after classes.
For more information, or to inquire about special holiday scheduling, call (516) 797-4125 x. 1 or email email@example.com.