Home of the Westbury Drive-In, the last drive-in movie theatre on Long Island, Oyster Bay Town Supervisor Joseph Saladino and the Town Board are excited to announce the return of drive-in movies for the first time in over 22 years. Free pop-up theatres will offer drive-in experiences to residents only for five straight weeks, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, beginning on May 28th.
Supervisor Joseph Saladino stated, “Everyone loves a good comeback story, and everyone loves the movies. For the first-time in two decades, drive-in movies will return to the Town of Oyster Bay for families and seniors to watch great Hollywood hits from the comfort of their own car while taking in the summer breeze. Join us at these pop-up drive-in movie theatres and take these rare opportunities sit back, relax and enjoy the show.”
The following movies are playing at a pop-up theatre near you beginning at dusk:
- Thurs., May 28th at Tappen Beach in Glenwood Landing: Finding Nemo
- Tues., June 2nd at Broadway Commons in Hicksville: Playing with Fire
- Thurs., June 4th at TOBAY Beach in Massapequa: Solo: A Star Wars Story
- Tues., June 9th at Ellsworth Allen Park in Farmingdale: Onward
- Thurs., June 11th at Fireman’s Field in Oyster Bay: Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory
- Tues., June 16th at Westfield Sunrise Mall in Massapequa: Thor: The Dark World
- Thurs., June 18th at Broadway Commons in Hicksville: E.T.
- Tues., June 23rd at Ellsworth Allen Park in Farmingdale: Jumanji: The Next Level
- Thurs., June 25th at TOBAY Beach in Massapequa: Grease
Vehicles will be admitted to the parking lot on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 7pm the day of the event. For the safety of all residents, moviegoers must remain in their cars. To maintain social distancing, every other parking spot will be off-limits to vehicles. Portable restroom facilities will be on-site. Movies are subject to change and will be held weather permitting. Call (516) 797-7925 for updated information.
Moviegoers are asked to consider donating a nonperishable food item upon arrive at the drive-in. All donations will benefit Island Harvest Food Bank.