Beach & Boating FAQ’s

Home / Departments / Parks / Beach & Boating FAQ’s



How do I obtain a seasonal beach sticker?
Bring the vehicle you would like the sticker placed on with the vehicle registration to the Beach or John J. Burns Park Boat Ramps.


Are seasonal beach stickers available for purchase at the Beach Division office?
No. Seasonal stickers for beaches are only available at our beach facilities and John J. Burns Park.


How do I obtain a Senior Beach ID Card?
Senior Beach ID cards, available to residents 60 and older, can be obtained at the Town Clerk’s office for a one-time fee of $30.00, plus $2.00 photo fee. Please email the town clerk at or call (516) 624-6333 for more information.  This card entitles seniors to free seasonal beach and seasonal trailer stickers as long as they own a vehicle.  For the 2020 Beach season only, seniors will NOT need their senior ID card to gain free access to the beach.  A senior must simply present their driver’s license and vehicle registration to obtain a sticker.


What if my car is registered to my job? Can I still get a sticker?
Yes. Special waiver forms are available.  Please email to request a special waiver application be mailed to you.  You are required to submit a letter from your employer, on company letterhead, stating that the company car is your primary vehicle, along with your proof of residency (tax bill, utility bills) and your driver’s license.


I have dual residences, can I get a sticker?
Yes. Please email to request a special waiver application be mailed to you. You must submit your car registration, your driver’s license and proof of residency (tax bill or lease and 2 utility bills) along with your special waiver application to obtain a waiver to purchase a sticker.


Can I obtain a 4×4 vehicle permit to drive on the Beach?
The Town of Oyster Bay does not currently allow any non-authorized vehicles to drive onto any of our beaches.