Councilman Anthony D. Macagnone and Supervisor Joseph Saladino today announced that the Town of Oyster Bay is participating in a 2019 Soldier Collection Drive in an effort to gather needed supplies to be sent to the brave men and women of the United States Armed Forces serving in the homeland and around the globe. The drive will take place Tuesday, August 1st through Monday, September 30th.
“The Town of Oyster Bay is proud to support our hometown heroes by collecting supplies for those stationed around the globe,” said Councilman Macagnone. “Each year, residents and Town employees open their hearts and wallets to purchase much-needed supplies for those protecting the freedoms we hold dear. This program serves as an important reminder to our uniformed service personnel that their daily sacrifices are not forgotten.”
Individuals interested in donating to the Solider Collection Drive may drop-off items at:
- Town Hall North in Oyster Bay;
- Town of Oyster Bay Department of Public Works (CSEA entrance) in Syosset;
- Town Hall South in Massapequa; and
- Town of Oyster Bay Ice Skating Center in Bethpage.
Items needed include:
- Non-Perishable Snacks: Cookies, Gum, Mints, Beef Jerky, Power Bars, Granola Bars, Trail Mix, Nuts, Powdered Drink Mixes, Peanut Butter, Jelly and any other non-perishable snack you can imagine.
- Toiletries: Band-Aids, Neosporin, Tylenol, Motrin, Soap, Body Wash, Shampoo, Conditioner, Toothpaste, Dental Floss, Toothbrushes, Mouthwash, Brushes, Hair Ties, Razors, Shaving Cream, Sun Screen, Chapstick, etc. (no aerosol cans or glass).
- Letters and notes to soldiers are also welcome.
For more information on the Solider Collection Drive, please contact Councilman Macagnone’s office at (516) 624-6619.