The Town Board of the Town of Oyster Bay, as lead agency, has determined that the DEIS for the proposed action is adequate for the purposes of public review pursuant to §617.9(a) of the SEQRA regulations. Acceptance of the DEIS occurred via Town Board Resolution #214‑2018 adopted on March 27, 2018. Comments are requested and will be accepted by the Contact Person listed below until July 31, 2018.
The Town of Oyster Bay Department of Environmental Resources held a public SEQRA hearing on the DEIS on May 1, 2018 at 6 p.m. at Syosset High School Auditorium, 70 Southwoods Rd, Syosset, NY 11791.
Hard copies of the DEIS are available at the Office of the Town Clerk, Syosset Library and Jericho Library.
- To view the Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS), click here.
- To view the appendices to the DEIS, click here.
- To view archived video from the DEIS public hearing, click here.
- To view ENB Notices, click here.
- Draft Meeting Minutes – 5/1/18
- NYSDEC Citizens Guide to SEQR
- SEQR Flow Chart and Time Frames
- Radiological Survey (Updated 5/11/18)
- EPA Fourth Five-Year Review Report for the Syosset Landfill
To submit written comments Contact:
George Baptista Jr., Deputy Commissioner
Department of Environmental Resources
29 Spring Street, Oyster Bay, NY 11771
Or use the form below: