Oyster Bay Town Councilman Lou Imbroto invites residents interested in maintaining or improving their levels of fitness to participate in the Town of Oyster Bay’s Fitness Classes, which return beginning Saturday, April 4th, in the Town of Oyster Bay’s Hicksville Athletic Center. Spring fitness classes are co-ed, open to individuals 18 years of age or older, and run for 10 weeks.
Councilman Imbroto stated, “Cardio Kick-Boxing, Pilates, Ballroom Dancing, Yoga, and Zumba are all very popular programs that provide our residents an outlet to enjoy exercising and staying in shape, all while meeting new people. I encourage those looking for a terrific form of aerobic exercise that will help builds strength and flexibility to come out and sign up for a 10-week fitness program, beginning on March 9th. “
Registration for the three programs will take place at the Hicksville Athletic Center, 167 Broadway in Hicksville on: Monday, March 9th from 5pm to 10pm; Tuesday, March 10th from 5pm to 9:30pm; and on Thursday, March 12th from 5pm to 9:30pm. After these dates, registration will continue based on availability. Please note that the schedule may be subject to change and residents are encouraged to inquire about special holiday scheduling/inclement weather. Each program is 10 weeks in length with a fee of $60 for residents and $70 for non-residents. Those that sign up for 1 full 10-week fitness program will be entitled to try 2 classes from a different fitness program for FREE.
- Ballroom Dancing will be held on Saturdays, from 7pm to 8pm, beginning April 11th.
- Cardio Kick-Boxing will be held on Thursdays, from 8pm to 9pm, beginning April 9th.
- Pilates will be held on Mondays (Tone & Sculpt) from 8pm to 9pm, beginning on April 6th, Wednesdays (Pilates with Rings) from 8:30am to 9:30am, beginning on April 8th, and Saturdays (Pilates with Props) from 9am to 10am, beginning April 11th.
- Yoga will be held on Sundays, from 9am to 10am, beginning April 5th, Mondays, from 10am to 11am, beginning on April 6th, and Tuesdays, from 8pm to 9pm, beginning on April 7th. Additionally, a yoga class will be held at the Ice Skating Center Community Room in Bethpage on Saturdays, from 9am to 10am, beginning April 4th.
- Zumba will be held on Mondays from 7pm to 8pm beginning April 6th; and Wednesdays from 7:45pm to 8:45pm beginning April 8th.
For more information, please call the Town of Oyster Bay Department of Parks at (516) 797-4125 x4