The Oyster Bay Department of Public Works today announced that the Hicksville Parking Garage on Duffy Avenue will undergo significant repairs beginning September 12th. The facility will temporarily close, and reopen before the years-end. To assist commuters, the Town has secured additional interim parking at the former Sears parking lot. A Town of Oyster Bay Parking Permit will be required to use the Sears lot.
Shuttle bus service between the former Sears lot and the Hicksville Train Station will be provided from 5am-9am and from 4pm-8pm, Monday through Friday. In addition to the Sears parking lot, 12 other lots in downtown Hicksville offer parking for residents with a Town of Oyster Bay Parking Permit at the following locations:
- H-2 north side of LIRR, south side of West Barclay St., west of Newbridge Rd.
- H-5 north side of LIRR, south side of West Barclay St., between Newbridge Rd.
and Jerusalem Ave.
- H-6 north side of LIRR between Broadway and Jerusalem Ave.
- H-9 East Marie St. opposite Hicksville Fire Department
- H-10 north side of West Marie St. east of Jerusalem Ave.
- H-11 south side of East Barclay St. and north side of East Marie St. east of Broadway
- H-12 at intersection of East Marie St. and East Nicholai St.
- H-13 at intersection of Bay Ave. and Heitz Pl.
- H-14 between north side of East Marie St. and south side of Heitz Pl.
- H-16 south side of West Barclay St., north side of LIRR, west of Newbridge Rd.
- H-17 north side of West Barclay St. between Strong and Maple St.
- H-18 south side of West Barclay St., north side of LIRR, west of Newbridge Rd.
Residents are reminded that all on-street parking restrictions in the downtown area will continue to be enforced by the Nassau County Police Department throughout the construction period. As plans to reopen the facility commence, further information will be posted on the Town of Oyster Bay website.
Since 2011, the Hicksville Parking Garage has been plagued with issues. Repairs will include replacement of concrete decking; crack repair; placement of carbon fiber reinforcement; drainage improvements; replacement of the lighting and security systems; replacement of the carbon monoxide detection system and fire detection infrastructure; modifications to the sprinkler and ventilation systems; and the addition of mechanical units in stairwells.