Pools are open from June 25, 2016 through Labor Day, September 5, 2016.
LOCATIONS AND PHONE NUMBERS OF
TOWN OF OYSTER BAY COMMUNITY PARK POOLS
Call the pool where you would like to register with any questions or for further information.
Bethpage Community Park
1001 Stewart Avenue, Bethpage (733-8404)
(at the intersection of Cherry and Stewart Avenues)
Marjorie R. Post Community Park
Merrick and Unqua Roads (797-7990)
(entrance on Unqua)
Plainview-Old Bethpage Community Park
Washington Avenue, Plainview (733-8400)
Syosset-Woodbury Community Park
7800 Jericho Tpke, Woodbury (677-5990)
(just east of Rt. 135)
REGISTRATION FOR SEASON MEMBERSHIPS
Starts Saturday, May 28, 2016
Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Holidays from Noon to 6pm
Tuesdays and Thursdays from Noon to 7pm
Starting June 25, 2016, registration will take place during normal hours of operation.
Pool Membership Registration takes place at the Town of Oyster Bay Community Park Pools.
(Note: Pool memberships are NOT available at Town Hall or by mail.)
Residents must register at the pool they would like to join.
Remember… Memberships are only good for the pool at which you register.
Town of Oyster Bay Community Park Pool Memberships are for Town of Oyster Bay Residents only (and guests of members).
What you need to register:
Copy of general tax bill or survey (with section, block and lot number) or, if applicable, copy of lease agreement (with section, block and lot)
a Driver’s License or current utility bill showing TOB residence
When purchasing a Family Membership, a birth certificate is required for any child under 16 years of age.
When purchasing a Senior Citizen membership, proof of age is required.
CHILDREN’S SWIM LESSONS AND SWIM TEAM AVAILABLE FOR POOL MEMBERS!!!
See below for more information…
2016 HOURS OF OPERATION
June 25, 2016 through September 4, 2016 from 11am to 7pm.
Labor Day, September 5 , 2016 from 11am to 6pm.
*After Labor Day, pools close for the season.
2016 SEASONAL POOL MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION
Town of Oyster Bay “PARK DISTRICT” Residents
Senior citizen (individual) $50.00*
Senior citizen married couple $85.00*
Handicapped individual w/SS Medicare Card $50.00*
*plus Photo I.D. processing fee (per person) $5.00
Town of Oyster Bay “NON-PARK DISTRICT” Residents
Senior citizen (individual) $60.00*
Senior citizen (married couple) $100.00*
Handicapped individual w/SS Medicare Card $60.00*
*plus Photo I.D. processing fee (per person) $5.00
- For above items, a family is defined as a married couple, parents or legal guardians of children living at the same address.
- You must be 16 years of age or older to join as an individual member.
Community Park Pools Guest Policy
A Community Park Pool Member may bring a guest who must pay the appropriate daily fee based on his/her age (child, adult or senior).
The pool member must be present in order for his/her guest to enter.
Nanny (Individual) $125.00
Nanny Membership is for non-residents who provide day care for child members of the family pass holder in family’s home or nanny’s home.
To obtain a Nanny Membership, individual must provide a written statement from an adult member of a family pass holder stating that he/she provides day care for child members of the family pass holder in his/her home or nanny’s home.
For TOB Residents who are NOT pool members (must show proof of TOB residency)
Child (3 to 15 years old) $5.00
Adult (16 & older) $7.00
Senior citizen (60 & older) $4.00
Handicapped individual $4.00
(with S.S. Medicare I.D. Card)
(Open to pool MEMBERS only, 5 years of age and older)
Swim lesson registration will be done by mail only.
$50.00 per child for the first two-week session;
and $25.00 per child for each two-week session thereafter.
Swim lesson forms will be available at the TOB Community Park Pool locations starting May 28, 2016.
You must first join the pool before you can obtain swim lesson registration forms.
Call 797-3108 for details.
Swim Lesson Sessions:
Session 1: June 27th to July 8th
(Session 1 Postmark Deadline is June 20th)
Session 2: July 11th to July 22nd
(Session 2 Postmark Deadline is July 5th)
Session 3: July 25th to August 5th
(Session 3 Postmark Deadline is July 18th)
Session 4: August 8th to August 19th
(Session 4 Postmark Deadline is August 1st)
There will be two Town of Oyster Bay Swim Team locations:
Syosset-Woodbury Community Park and Marjorie R. Post Community Park
(Members of other Town of Oyster Bay pools may choose which location they would like to join.)
All pool members 6 to 16 years of age are eligible to join.
Program is for Town of Oyster Bay residents only.
Program Cost is $50 per swimmer ($25 for each additional swimmer in the same family)
In order to register for the swim team, applicant MUST already be registered
as a TOB pool member prior to the start of the program. Registration forms are available at the pools.
Program starts Tuesday, July 5, 2016. Registration is by mail only (Postmark Deadline is June 27, 2016)
For further information, please call (516) 797-3108.
Rules and Regulations
- THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR ADEQUATE SUPERVISION. Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult (18 years or older) who is responsible for the children and their behavior while at the pool.
- A person must be 16 years of age or older to join as an individual member.
- A family member is defined as a married couple or single parent and all unmarried children residing at the same address.
- Bathers must wear swimsuits and/or proper pool attire at all times while on the pool deck. Street shoes are not permitted on the pool deck.
- Bathers are required to take showers before entering the pool.
- Anyone wearing diapers in the pool must have a water repellent covering over them.
- Persons using the pool, diving boards and other amenities must be capable and qualified to do so. Skill level, age and physical condition are factors to be considered. Final determination will be made by the lifeguards on duty.
- In case of an emergency, notify the facility operator and contact help as soon as possible.
- The following are prohibited in the pool area: ball playing of any type, pushing, running, dunking or boisterous conduct, toys, play equipment, flotation devices, swim fins, masks, glasses and containers, radios, sun tan lotions or oils, dressing or undressing (except in designated areas).
- Smoking and consumption of alcohol are PROHIBITED at all Town of Oyster Bay Parks, including pools.
- EATING ON THE POOL DECK IS PROHIBITED.
- The Commissioner of Parks, or his designee, may adopt additional rules, regulations and hours of operation that he/she finds to be in the best interest of, or necessary for the safety of, the public.
- The pool may be used only during posted hours of operation.
- All rules MUST be adhered to or membership will be revoked. Any false statement contained in the membership application will be cause for immediate cancellation of said membership.
- For details regarding pool membership refund request requirements, you may contact 797-4129.