Over the years, the Town has addressed the needs of our aging population through the “Golden Age” housing program. “Golden Age” housing provides high-quality, privately-owned, affordable cooperative units for seniors who meet income and residency requirements, making it possible for our seniors to enjoy their later years in the Town they helped build. The “RSC-25” Residence Senior Citizen District (previously known as “S-2”) allows for higher density development-25 units to the acre-which helps keep down the price. Since the program was adopted, more than 1,400 units of affordable senior housing have been approved in the Town.
Through the program, seniors age 62 and older, who qualify either as a single or a couple, can purchase co-ops and enjoy reduced taxes, along with many social amenities. Resale unit prices range from approximately $150,000 to approximately $310,000, depending on location. Income requirements vary according to location. For more information on the ‘Golden Age’ Housing Program, contact the Department of Community & Youth Services at 797-7900.
Central Park Estates, Powell Avenue, Bethpage
- Sunnylane, Grumman Road, Bethpage
- Apollo, Grumman Road, Bethpage
- Woodbury Cove, Jericho Turnpike, Woodbury
- Woodbury Meadows, Woodbury Road, Woodbury
- Woodbury Gardens, Jericho Turnpike, Woodbury
- Cambridge Court, South Oyster Bay Road, Bethpage-(Hicksville School District)
- County Line Villas, Merrick Road, Massapequa
- The Oaks at Broadlawn Manor, County Line Road, Massapequa
A senior can obtain an application for “Golden Age” housing from the Town’s Department of Community and Youth Services in person or by calling (516) 797-7900.